Duration : 07Days – 06Nights
Departure Date: 05th – 11th AUGUST 2014
Tour Code: BALIEM-DPA.02
Trip Level: Challenge (Age between 17 to 70 y.o with good physical condition)
Guaranteed Departure! For Min.2Pax
Participant : Min.2 People and Max. 12 People in one Group
Accommodation: Local people houses, Tents & Hotel
Group Leader: English Speaking Guide
Day 01(AUG 05): Jayapura Arrival– Wamena – Kilise (L,D)
Upon arrival at Sentani Airport – Papua, meet by us from here you will be dropped directly to another gate for catch the flight depart to Wamena at 09.00AM. (baggage allowed for these flight is 15kg only per passenger, as you can leave your unnecessary baggage in Jayapura with us before leaving. (please note: the flights are delayed very often due bad weather, technical problem, operational of flight).
Upon arrival at Wamena airport, we will drop you to local restaurant for having a lunch or lunch is provided in box. If time available after lunch by minibus directly drop us to Sogokmo or Yetni river is direction to Southern Baliem Valley. From here where the trekking begins with all the porters and cook to reach Kurima in approx. 3 hours up and down the little hills. Late afternoon arrive at Kilise village, dinner will be provided by cook and overnight stay at Dani Typical Guest house. (Walk approx.3-4hours).
Day 02 (AUG 06): Kilise – Ugem (B,L,D)
Hike down and crossing the suspension bridge over Baliem River then hike up to 2 hours through the beautiful country side and Dani villages to Ugem village. You will encounter and greeted by the Dani people who work in their steep sweet potato garden. lunch en route.
From suspended bridge we still hike up in 3 hours and will arrive in the village of Ugem, accommodation at local guest house. (Walk approx. 5-6hours). the guide will decide where we stay upon arrival in the villages, stay at local houses or guest house. Dinner will be prepared by our cook.
Day 03 (AUG 07): Ugem – Seima – Wamena (B,L)
Today, we hike down and the trail is steep and could be very sleeper if it is in rainy season. then continue the last trekking day back to Kurima or Sogokmo with regular path of local people, and cross suspension hanging bridge over Baliem river. We walk at Baliem river bank until Kurima.
You may stop at river for re-fresh of your body and take some breaks. Picnic lunch have provided, and late afternoon arrive in Kurima and Yetni then catch the car for drive back to Wamena town in 40 minutes. Dinner will be on your account and overnight stay at Baliem pilamo hotel or similar (Walk approx. 5-6 hours)
Day 04 (AUG 08): Baliem valley Festival (B,L)
The Baliem Valley Cultural festival is made on 08th, 09th & 11th of August for 2014 (uncertain dates between 08th-12th of Aug). But the highlight of the Festival will be 08th – 09th of August. Please take a note: since the local government unable to decide the fix/exact dates of the festival from now, inform you related to the trekking dates we will do always with flexible.
All the trekking and festival dates will be adjusted according to local condition. The clear information regarding the Festival date and fix itinerary we will re-setting earliest in the end of June 2013. You will have a chance to see and enjoy these cultural festival on one of the dates. Lunch in box will be provided en route, dinner will be on your account and overnight Baliem Pilamo Hotel or similar.
Day 05 (AUG 09): Wamena – Jiwika – Waga Waga – Wamena (B,L)
After breakfast at the hotel, 35 minutes drive to Jiwika village, walk 20 minutes to the village of Sumpaima to view the 250 years old Mummy. From Sumpaima walk another 10 minutes to the nearby village of Anemoigi to see other dani people family with their traditional houses.
Lunch in small box will be provided. You will see and experience the local culture and have an opportunity to interact with local villagers while you can buy their handicraft as your souvenir. Before return to Wamena you still have chance to visit Waga-Waga village to explore Contilola cave which can be reach 15 minutes by car.
Please note: Most probably you will see just several people in the villages since they are attending the festival event on this date. Afternoon drive back to Wamena and stop at local Jibama market. Dinner will be on your account and accommodation at Baliem Pilamo Hotel or similar.
Day 06 (AUG 10): Wamena – Jayapura (B,L)
Breakfast at hotel, transfer to the airport for your flight by Trigana Air ETD 08:00 leaving for Jayapura. Upon your arrival at Sentani airport of Jayapura, on the way to the Hotel you will have a sightseeing to visit the lake by boating at Sentani Lake to see the Sentani Tribe in Asei Island, lunch is served at local Restaurant nearby the Lake. Continue to Cenderawasih Museum. Afternoon proceed to check in to your accommodation at 3 stars hotel (check in time 14:00pm) for overnight stay. Dinner will be on your account.
Day 07 (AUG 11): Jayapura – Departure (B)
After breakfast at your hotel, by car transfer you to the airport in approx 75 minutes leaving Jayapura for Makasar, Jakarta or Denpasar.
Above program and itinerary is flexible or depend on local conditions, flights, weather, etc
- Double Room ; USD,00 / person
- Additional Charge for Single Room =,00
- Above Tour Price still can be change subject to Goverment Police, Tax, Increasing Tax, Price for Patrol, or/and local condition, etc.
- A Deposit 100 US$ per person is required to confirm your reservation (un-refundable). We are right to cancel a reservation without notice if the deposit is not received within 7 days of the booking being made. (this amount 100 US$ is apart of Tour Price)
- The balance of the Invoice has to be recieved by us at least 30 days prior to the arrival date (July 05′ 2014).
- The Invoice have to be paid in full, net from all transfer cost and Local bank charges.
- Late payment charge after July 05th =USD.100.00/person
Included in The Tour Price
- Inner flights: Jayapura/Wamena/Jayapura (return) with its Airport tax
- 1 Night stay at 3 Stars hotels in Jayapura (i.e: Horison Hotel, Swiss Belhotel)
- 3 Nights stay at superior room of Baliem Pilamo Hotel or similar in the town of Wamena
- 2 Accommodations in villages (local people houses) as mentioned in the itinerary
- All meals as indicated above
- All Tour, transfers
- Land Transports to the villages
- English-speaking guide
- Cooks with its equipments
- Porter for trekking
- Entrance fees to Villages & Baliem Valley Festival
- Traveling Permit for Papua-Baliem Valley
Not Included in The Tour Price
- All Insurance
- Dinner in the town
- Laundry, Telephone, Beverage
- Domestic Flights with its Airport Taxes
- Due to limited supply at our Company we recommended you to bring your own sleeping bags and thin Mattrass
- Photograph fee for local people
- Personal expenses.
Occasionally it be necessary to alter or amend itineraries, accommodation and sightseeing arrangement from our agreement of trip, this may be due to the road, weather, infrastructure, local condition and other operational need prevailing at the time and is always made in the best interest of your comfort